Thursday, August 26

The Best Damn Program That Has Ever Been On Television


LOUIE, from Louis CK. FX, Tuesday nights, check local listings. Honestly. In about eight weeks, for me anyway--I don't get HBO, which is to say I can't be bothered stealing it, so I've yet to see Lucky Louie--he's gone from a remarkably fearless stand-up, and a first-rate comedy writer, to a goddam genius in the art of the 22-minute film. Seriously. My Poor Wife is no longer allowed to snack while we watch it, until I get re-certified in the Heimlich.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is a "10." Louie is arguably (one of) the best shows currently on TV. (Have to leave a little room for Mad Men.) Having said that, it has given me some of the most cringe-worthy moments I have ever experienced on my couch. The episode with Louie's "mother" is a great example of this. Nonetheless, finally a comedy which actually treats its audience like adults. Will wonders ever cease? I also applaud FX for not doing what AMC insists upon, to wit, "protecting" me from bad language/nudity (at least of a live person, not a photo.) Clearly those who run FX (Rupert, is that you??) do not feel it necessary to bleep certain words. You know what the real problem with bleeping is? You ALWAYS know what the real word is! What's the point? Of course, AMC being run by the Dumb Dolans explains a lot of crap...

M. Krebs said...

If only Louie didn't look like Jim Cramer's twin brother. It's a little weird.

cat butler said...

I just watched the 'God' episode and I was blown away.
Brilliant.