Thanks again to Alex.
1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451 , which book do you want to be?
The Little, Brown Book of Anecdotes ed. Clifton Fadiman.
2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
I'm more a "Pictures of Lilly" guy. Louise Brooks or Tallulah Bankhead.
3. The last book you bought was. . .
The Living Lincoln ed. Paul M. Angle and Earl Schenck Miers. One of those cheapie Barnes & Noble imprints, compiled from the nine-volume Collected Works.
4. The last book you finished is. . .
Reginald Hill, Dialogues of the Dead.
5. What are you currently reading?
Michael Innes, The Ampersand Papers
and two re-reads:
David Fromkin, A Peace To End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East
Garry Wills, Inventing America: Jefferson's Declaration of Independence.
6. Five books you would take to a deserted island.
I'd try to save a guitar plus a transcription of Bach's Cello Suites and all the Tarrega I can play first, but:
Lolita, Gravity's Rainbow, Borges: A Reader, Thurber's My Life and Hard Times, and How to Stay Alive in the Woods, by Bradford Angier.
7. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 People)
Winston Smith and
s.z. who's probably already ignored it. I was gonna send it to you Kathy, but I see I'm too late.