UNIVERSITY PARK, Tex. — More than four years after leaving office, former President George W. Bush has a question for America: So what would you have done?
In a new brick-and-limestone museum, visitors to an interactive theater will be presented with the stark choices that confronted the nation’s 43rd president: invade Iraq or leave Saddam Hussein in power? Deploy federal troops after Hurricane Katrina or rely on local forces? Bail out Wall Street or let the banks fail?
• Cruise through Yale as a drunken frat boy, or sober up long enough to take notice of the world's intellectual traditions?
• Attend all your required Texas Air National Guard duties, or call in sick?
• McDonald's coffee spoon or rolled-up hundred?
• Hit up daddy's pals for business investments, or hit up daddy's pals for business investments?
• Use your insider knowledge to get out from under Harken Oil just before the stock collapses and buy the Texas Rangers, or the Baltimore Colts?
• Build a new stadium with taxpayer money, or move the team to some other city that's built a new stadium with taxpayer money?
• Realize a 1242% profit when the team is sold, or hold out for a good deal?
• Run for governor of Texas, or move to an island and found your own colony of Jebus-mazed explosion fanciers?
• Fakey Texas drawl, or Cagney impression?
• Run for President, or do something for your country for once?
Wow, that was fun! Which way to the Laura Bush Interactive Driving Experience?