Tuesday, April 12

Tag, I'm It

Thanks again to Alex.

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451 , which book do you want to be?

The Little, Brown Book of Anecdotes ed. Clifton Fadiman.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I'm more a "Pictures of Lilly" guy. Louise Brooks or Tallulah Bankhead.

3. The last book you bought was. . .

The Living Lincoln ed. Paul M. Angle and Earl Schenck Miers. One of those cheapie Barnes & Noble imprints, compiled from the nine-volume Collected Works.

4. The last book you finished is. . .

Reginald Hill, Dialogues of the Dead.

5. What are you currently reading?

Michael Innes, The Ampersand Papers
and two re-reads:
David Fromkin, A Peace To End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East
Garry Wills, Inventing America: Jefferson's Declaration of Independence.

6. Five books you would take to a deserted island.

I'd try to save a guitar plus a transcription of Bach's Cello Suites and all the Tarrega I can play first, but:

Lolita, Gravity's Rainbow, Borges: A Reader, Thurber's My Life and Hard Times, and How to Stay Alive in the Woods, by Bradford Angier.


7. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 People)

Over to:

Tom Watson
Winston Smith and
s.z. who's probably already ignored it. I was gonna send it to you Kathy, but I see I'm too late.

1 comment:

Ray Bridges said...

I don't know you well enough to have sent it to you, but I played as well. I'm always interested in seeing how others define themselves by what they've read or think they should have read.

I don't know if you've ever read my blog or not, Blogger comments having their own way of keeping you anonymous and all. I rather feel like I'm an anonymous lurker when in actuality I'm anything but. I have two primary blogs, Dancing with Myself (http://rlbtzero.typepad.com/) and Colored, Outside the Lines (http://ashworhs.blogspot.com/). I forget how I happened upon your blog, but I do enjoy your snarky irreverance as you comment on the day's events.

Cheers.